[Nix-dev] ANNOUNCE nix-repository-manager2

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Wed Dec 2 22:40:54 CET 2009

My comments already stated that I'd like to replace the
pkgs/misc/bleeding-edge-fetch-infos.nix
file by regions in nix code which are updated:

Example: http://github.com/MarcWeber/nix-repository-manager

I had to rewrite it now because I wanted to use it for the
nix-haskell-overlay. And using the bleeding-edge-file-infos.nix
of nixpgks would have been bad.

Of course you can install it easily using hack-nix.

I will replace the outdated bleeding-edge stuff ( sourceByName )
ASAP.

Maybe its useful to you as well?

I'll commit the implementation of sourceFromHead soon.

Basically it chooses between the local tar.gz file or the fetchurl
source depending on your configuration settings.

Marc Weber