[Nix-dev] Re: Build failures on hydra and maintainers.

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Thu Aug 13 10:49:05 CEST 2009

Michael Raskin <7c6f434c at mail.ru> writes:

> Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>>> 	A small poll: who supports the idea to make it possible to subscribe to
>>> the failures of unmaintained builds on hydra (subject should have a
>>> distinct prefix)?
>>
>> I don't.  I think we should all take our responsibilities and add
>> ourselves as maintainers of packages we deal with.
>
> Such a mailing list would make it easier to find out that some packages
> are unmaintained but shouldn't be.

To that end, I suggested something different to Eelco: remove
`top-level/release.nix' and instead build all the packages that have a
`meta.maintainers' attribute.

That would give an incentive to get listed as a package maintainer.
(There could still be unmaintained packages among the references of a
maintained package, but hopefully breakage of such a dependency would be
quickly caught.)

What do you think?

Thanks,
Ludo'.