[Nix-dev] Tracking upstream releases

Tony White tonywhite100 at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 11 23:20:05 CEST 2009

On 11/08/2009, Michael Raskin <7c6f434c at mail.ru> wrote:

I would like it to be a default fall back option in all package
expressions on failure (But I also want world peace) And it to also be
an option that can be switched on to be used by default instead of a
fallback, sort of like a bleedingEdge = true; switch in
configuration.nix.
In that case all the package expressions would grow because there
would be two entries for the source in the same expression and it
could even be an idea to add some way to pull the expressions
compressed as an archive and then decompress them before nix gets to
work on them.
I don't think it would be good at all to abandon reproducibility.

Thanks,
Tony