[Nix-dev] Nixpkgs 0.12 released

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Tue Apr 28 03:53:26 CEST 2009

> Also, the stdenv-updates branch has been merged into the Nixpkgs trunk.  Thus
> the trunk is now based on GCC 4.3.3, Glibc 2.9 and X.org 7.4.  When upgrading
> NixOS via "nixos-rebuild switch", you need to reboot to make the upgrade take
> effect.  This is because an apparent incompatibility between the pre-merge and
> post-merge Upstart.

I've had major trouble today. Why?
I did a nixos-rebuild test and the impossible happened: kernel panic
after restarting acpid daemon.

After that my older boot configurations even did no longer work !!
I still have no idea what has happened.

However booting into stage1, reinstalling a very old configuration
finally worked.

So for now I recommend nixos-rebuild boot instead of switch :-)
Hopefully I'm the only one having encountered unexplainable trouble
here.

I also can't use current XOrg for some reason. Xorg doesn't notice my
keyboard / mouse input (I've tried trunk as well as modular-nixos).
Have you already encountered this problem? I've also tried the latest
nvidia update. Probably this is only a configuration issue.

I'll retry current setup using kvm only.

Sincerly
Marc Weber