[Nix-dev] Impure environment variables.

Jeevakan Suresh Jeevakan.Suresh at macquarie.com
Tue Sep 30 10:03:12 CEST 2008

Hi guys - I've been trying to get nix to work behind a proxy and I've
ran into a few snags. This is using nix-0.12

Basically, the following command fails with a 'curl: (7) couldn't
connect to host' error

nix-env -if /path/to/pkgs git

A bit of poking led me to build.cc in libstore. On line 1581 there is an
'if' block which is responsible for copying across impureEnvVars into
the builder environment if it is a fixed output derivation. The code
enters into this block - but the problem is drv.env["impureEnvVars"] is
empty.

At this point I'm lost. fetchurl has impureEnvVars set as expected - I'm
not sure where I need to look to fix this. Any pointers would be much
appreciated.

Cheers
Jeeva

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright material of Macquarie Group Limited or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Group Limited does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie Group Limited.