[Nix-dev] mount - no such file or directory?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Fri Sep 5 17:09:01 CEST 2008

> BTW, it's not clear to me why you can't have a /nix...
I can.
But on / there is living debian so my goal is to separate both systems
as much as I can.

/nixos/{etc,nix,var,..} of nixos
/{etc,var,..} of debian

Then I could also have different nixos installations
/nixos{2,3,4}
Changing the root system requires me to put the server in recover mode,
login again, etc..
Just calling /nixos/sbin/customBootRunningChroot within /sbin/init is
most convinient.
But it's good to know that symlinking /nixos/nix to /nix would do.
I'm still looking for another way though. Of course I could also use
chroot of debian, but then nixos would not be self contained.

Sincerly
Marc Weber