[Nix-dev] Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - 11877 - ludo - in nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs: applications/version-management/git top-level

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Thu May 22 11:21:51 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 10:06 AM, Ludovic Courts <ludo at gnu.org> wrote:
> Author: ludo
> Date: 2008-05-22 08:06:52 +0000 (Thu, 22 May 2008)
> New Revision: 11877
>
> You can view the changes in this commit at:
>   https://svn.nixos.org/viewvc/nix?rev=11877&view=rev
>
> Modified:
>   nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs/applications/version-management/git/default.nix
>   nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs/top-level/all-packages.nix
>
> Log:
> Git: Don't depend on Perl libs and Subversion when no Subversion support is built.

I don't understand why you have done this inside all-packages.nix.
Nix is a lazy language and Perl libs are not used when the svn-support
is not activated, which means that Perl libs should not be build. If
am right your modification is point-less in all-packages.nix otherwise
I am missing something about the evaluation of Nix expression.

--
Nicolas Pierron