[Nix-dev] Re: some ideas to (re)organize/improve nixos

Gour gour at mail.inet.hr
Wed May 21 19:39:56 CEST 2008

Ludovic> That seems like a worthy goal, but an argument in favor of the
Ludovic> status quo would be that NixOS has not yet reached a number of
Ludovic> users that would make it compelling to have separate
Ludovic> repositories.  ;-)

How do you think it will happen? By status quo?

otoh, I do not propose having separate 'repositories' - everything can
live in the same svn repo, but in different trunks.

Ludovic> (And I would understand if TU Delft folks would be reluctant to
Ludovic> carrying out such administrative tasks.)

There are already separate trunks for 'nix', 'nixos', 'nixpkgs' etc. so
I just propose to re-organize things a bit, or (I'm not familiar with
svn) it is too complicate to achieve it with svn?

Ludovic> Agreed.  But again, ATM, (almost) all NixOS users are
Ludovic> committers.  ;-)

Fine, if it is supposed to keep status quo ;)

Ludovic> And there's `nixos-checkout'.

Right. I forgot about it.

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Zagreb, Croatia  | GPG key: C6E7162D