[Nix-dev] Re: LinuxQuestions distribution subforum for NixOS.

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Wed May 7 18:33:57 CEST 2008

> However, I'm sure there are certain users who like to use forums.
>
> When using Gentoo, forums were much more friendly to find answer than
> mailing lists.

Much more friendly is a written manual IMHO.
Some simply guide you can walk through knowing that you learned all
basic ideas ..
So what about a nixpks manual? :) (Never mind me prodding, please)

I prefer mailinglists because you know what you've read, you open the
mailbox and walk throgh the mails then you're done. This is pissible
using forum features as well. But launching the browser is one step more
to do. But having a medium which can easily be searched will get more
important when more users start to using nix(os).. which will happen
(IMHO). We have more people joining than leaving, haven't we?
Those who leave will come back if they can.

Marc