[Nix-dev] Re: Website / SVN back up

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Tue May 6 13:49:02 CEST 2008

Hello,

"Sander van der Burg"
<S.vanderBurg at student.TUDelft.NL> writes:

> using Git could be a good idea, but in order to use that efficiently we
> need to have some kind of maintainer structure (a.k.a. network of trust)
> like the Linux kernel has. IMHO we have no clear maintainer organisation
> for each part of NixOS at the time now.

Agreed.  I think we need more peer review, and more discussion.  That
each of us has an SVN account is really nice (I'm thankful to Eelco and
other UU people) but we've had the tendency to work on our side, without
much discussion.

> or do you want to use Git for a different purpose, e.g. introducing
> mirrors?

I think the idea was to use Git or another DRCS as a replacement for
Subversion, which also has the nice bonus of automatically creating
backups of the repo (at least with Git).

Thanks,
Ludovic.