[Nix-dev] Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: trace - 11262 - eelco - nixos/trunk/upstart-jobs

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Wed Mar 26 14:15:16 CET 2008

Hi,

Eelco Dolstra <e.dolstra at tudelft.nl> writes:

> Author: eelco
> Date: 2008-03-22 16:05:01 +0000 (Sat, 22 Mar 2008)
> New Revision: 11262
>
> You can view the changes in this commit at:
>    https://svn.cs.uu.nl:12443/viewvc/trace?rev=11262&view=rev
>
> Modified:
>    nixos/trunk/upstart-jobs/dbus.nix
>    nixos/trunk/upstart-jobs/hal.nix
>
> Log:
> * Quick hack to make HAL start properly.

There's a similar problem with the Avahi daemon, which depends on D-Bus.

Actually, several upstart jobs that I created (portmap, bitlbee) are
problematic because they are started before network is available, so
they stop immediately and get respawned until it works.  I'm not yet
very familiar with Upstart, any idea how to fix it?

Thanks,
Ludovic.