[Nix-dev] nixfs

Christof Douma christof-nix at douma.eu.org
Wed Mar 12 21:02:55 CET 2008

Hi,

A very long time ago I thought of creating a filesystem for the nix
store. The idea is to store only differences between similar packages.

Lately I had some time to spend and created a first version as a fuse
daemon. It can serve nar archives and extracted packages as normal
directories and does do nothing else yet.

I thought that asking for the binary diff implementation used for
sending binary updates is faster that finding that myself. Where is it?

Furthermore, can I have a small corner in the nix repository to store
this project?

I intend to continue this project, even though I have little time to
spend on it.

cheers,
Christof