[Nix-dev] passthru ?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sun Mar 9 03:18:52 CET 2008

I've removed the annotatedDerivation stuff because I thought passthough
can do the job as well with much less boilerplate code..
Howver there is a problem

  my_test = sourceWithTagsDerivation ((__trace (__attrNames ghcsAndLibs.ghc68.core_libs.template_haskell)  ghcsAndLibs.ghc68.core_libs.template_haskell).passthru.sourceWithTags);

If you add this line to all-packages.nix I should get template_haskel
source with tags when installing
nix-env -iA my_test..
However I get the message that passthru isn't known
The code which should define passthru is here
nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs/development/compilers/ghcs/default.nix (line 161)
If you rename passthru to passthru2 it's listed in list of attrNames.

So must I try to get the passthru data before passing the attr set to
mkDerivation ?

Marc Weber