[Nix-dev] GNU IceCat 3

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Tue Jul 29 10:51:48 CEST 2008

Hello!

Eelco Dolstra <e.dolstra at tudelft.nl>
writes:

> Ludovic Courtès wrote:

>> Add GNU IceCat 3, GNU's free variant of Mozilla Firefox 3.
>
> Cool, now I can finally get rid of "Bon Echo" and "Minefield" in my
> window titles :-)

It's not completely satisfactory yet, notably because plug-ins like
MPlayer's cannot be built (IceCat's `.pc' files, which live under
`xulrunner', don't get installed, and `--enable-application=xulrunner'
suggest adding a dozen of dependencies).  I suppose the problem is the
same with Firefox 3, though.  Any idea?

> Given that the IceCat expression is almost the same as the Firefox
> expression, maybe it's a good idea to keep them unified (have a
> function that takes the name, source etc. as argument).

Yes, but we also want a different `meta' attribute, etc.  I'll look into
it.

Thanks,
Ludovic.