[Nix-dev] Re: nixpkgs available in git

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Fri Jul 25 00:31:34 CEST 2008

Hi Marc.

 > I'm interested in the others [than nixpkgs] as well.. Do you have
 > plans to add them as well or do you mind me hosting them? I'd like to
 > share some more or less experimental small extensions (such as the -J
 > NUM_CORES patch)

Generally speaking, one of the major advantages of GIT the system's
distributed nature, i.e. there is no need to have a one true and only
central repository for anything. If you want to host other parts of the
SVN repository in GIT, I believe that's a perfectly sensible choice. I
am all for it.

Personally, I don't think I'll mirror other sub-directories, because my
interest is mostly in the packages.

Take care,
Peter