Re: [Nix-dev] Nix(OS) - Manual ? and options.nix

Michael Raskin 7c6f434c at mail.ru
Fri Jul 11 09:53:39 CEST 2008

> Hi, what about adding
> environment {
>         nixManual = [ "apache" "elinks" "firefox" "less" ];
>         nixOsManual = [ "apache" "elinks" "firefox" "less" ];
> }
>
> apache should add http://localhost/nix/ or such
> and elinks/ firefox should provide
> nix-manual-elinks
> nix-manual-firefox
> nix-manual-less (html -> text version ?)
> or such to view those files..

/var/run/current-system/sw/share/nix/manual/

NixOS manual seems not to be in NixPkgs (as it is in nixos/ tree in repository, partially)
Maybe an option to have a similar location to build it is good.

Symlinking a few /var/run/current-system paths into wanted directory Apache serves should be trivial. nix-manual-firefox command looks like a big overkill, too.

http://nixos.org/releases/nix/unstable/manual/
http://nixos.org/releases/nixos/unstable/manual/