[Nix-dev] Mirrors for fetchurl & Multiple versions

Saadfuijk Naas tachermourir at rambler.ru
Sun Jan 20 20:19:29 CET 2008

Eelco Visser wrote:
> Hi Wouter,
>
> Indeed! Both are problems that I've run into. Subversion is not
> satisfactory for this versioning problem. The claim that Nix supports
> multiple versions is vacuous if there is no model for keeping track of
> versions;-)

But where it is significant there are already some systems to do it and
select by version name. It is used not only for minor (that are really
major for all practical needs), but also for bug-differing patchlevels
(like with elfutils needed by ltrace) now.
Maybe better is writing one function that makes common things, and
import/call it in ${version}.nix