[Nix-dev] No /nix/etc after installing

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Wed Dec 24 11:39:20 CET 2008

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 01:28:53AM -0500, avadh patel wrote:
>    Hi All,
>
>    Today I just installed the nix 0.12 on my ubuntu system. I build it and
>    test it with make check.
>    Then after make install it created /nix directory. I am able to install a
>    package from the channel.
>    But my problem is that nix hasn't created /nix/etc directory so I can't
>    add /nix/etc/profile.d/nix.sh to my bashrc file.
>
>    Thanks in advance.

I don't remember ever having used that file..

On nixos /etc/bashrc is put into .bashrc of each user by default.
It's contents (on my system) are:

http://rafb.net/p/DLsapT79.html

However it's sources can be found in the nixos repository
(/etc/bashrc.sh)..

Maybe It helps you picking the things you need to get started?

Hopefully someone else can give a better answer.

Sincerly

Marc Weber