[Nix-dev] Missing descriptions in Nixpkgs

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sun Dec 14 13:28:21 CET 2008

> I have made a builderDefs package template. It aborts when name or
> description is missing. Unfortunately, description is not usually
> evaluated at all, so I missed the description in trivial qemu-image package.

:-) That happened to me as well (python packagces.. )

Ludo,

I guess that nix-onev -qa --P did still work?
So you could have build a shell loop iterating over all attr paths
evaluating --description.

The second way to find the patch which caused the failure doing
something like:

for i in (svn-curr-rev ... 1); do svn update -r$i; nix-env  .. --description || echo found $i  done

Marc Weber