[Nix-dev] Kernel headers

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Thu Aug 14 17:05:27 CEST 2008

> Similarly, how do I create a 32-bits package on a 64-bits machine
> (cross build). Can anyone just give a quick example? All the stuff I
> try does not work. It could be me ;-).
If you're lucky and you can still rebuild the system you'll have to add

    nix = {
            distributedBuilds = true;
            buildMachines = [
              { hostName = "192.168.5.5";
                sshUser = "marc";
                sshKey = "/home/marc/.ssh/id_rsa_nix_marc";
                system = "i686-linux";
                maxJobs = 2;
              } ];

to your configuration.nix
You need to install ssh keys as you can guess from sshUser and sshKey
Basically that's all. Some documentation can be found in the nix manual.
(search for remote)

If you still have trouble contact me on irc, I'll try to help you.

Marc