[Nix-dev] Problem installing vim-7.2-huge-X11-python-tcl.drv

Jeevakan Suresh Jeevakan.Suresh at macquarie.com
Tue Aug 12 08:26:02 CEST 2008

Hi.

I'm running the nix-env (Nix) 0.12pre12474 and am trying to install vim
- and it fails :(

It downloads all the deps, and gets to the part where it tries to
configure/make/make install. Configure works fine, but make fails with
the following error.

        touch: setting times of `src/auto/link.sed': Function not
implemented

however, if I go inspect the downloaded sources and run the same
commands NIX is attempting to run it all works fine.

I'm currently using RHEL 5 (if that makes a difference).

Another bit of information (whether its valid or not) is my systems'
default touch is under /bin/touch.

Any help/pointers on where I can debug this issue will be much
appreciated. If you haven't already guessed - I'm a newbie nix user.

Cheers
Jeeva.

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright material of Macquarie Group Limited or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Group Limited does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie Group Limited.