[Nix-dev] new useful_patches_forcing_rebuild branch

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Fri Aug 8 16:46:36 CEST 2008

Hi,

cause:
        I had a merge mistake resulting in
        ln -s $i..../* $out/.../
        where $i..../* doesn't exist (upstart-0.5 no longer has logd)
        This in turn made nixos-rebuild fail (because it could'nt start/stop the
        job "*")

The general fix is easy, adding
  shopt -s nullglob
to the bulider{,-new}.sh

However the fix is not that important to force everything to be rebuild.
That's why I've added a new branch to my git rebository
(git://mawercer.de/nixpkgs) called
useful_patches_forcing_rebuild. Then we can apply them all at once.

You're invited to add your enhancements as well.

Sincerly
Marc Weber