[Nix-dev] nixos update and running "make check" on autoconf

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Tue Aug 5 11:43:47 CEST 2008

There is one automake-1.10 check which fails on my machine..
Haven't had the time to investigate why

If I'm correct, by installing
>    autoconf in nixos, we should know already that it works, removing the need
>    to run "make check" on every machine on which the update of nixos is
>    installed.
Why do we know that it already works? Don't forget that it might be
installed on cygwin/ linux on different architectures x686 and x86_64
Don't know wether nix also runs on mac.
So I think there are some possibilities of failure.
But still I agree that too long checks are annoying..

Marc Weber