[Nix-dev] Re(3): [Nix-commits] SVN commit: trace - 9552 - wbreejen - nixos/trunk/upstart-jobs

Michael Raskin 7c6f434c at mail.ru
Tue Oct 30 14:51:36 CET 2007

Wouter wrote:
> /etc/nixos/nixos/upstart-jobs/httpd.nix had a ../services reference, and
> this worked because some people (not me clearly) had a symlink
> /etc/nixos/nixos/services --> /etc/nixos/services.

Not some.

$ cat /etc/nixos/nixos/installer/nixos-checkout.sh
cd /etc/nixos
# Check out the NixOS and Nixpkgs sources.
svn co https://svn.cs.uu.nl:12443/repos/trace/nixos/trunk nixos
svn co https://svn.cs.uu.nl:12443/repos/trace/nixpkgs/trunk nixpkgs
svn co https://svn.cs.uu.nl:12443/repos/trace/services/trunk nixos/services

# A few symlink.
ln -sfn ../nixpkgs/pkgs nixos/pkgs
ln -sfn nixpkgs/pkgs/top-level/all-packages.nix install-source.nix

- forgive me a wrapped line. So everyone who uses nixos-checkout has /etc/nixos/nixos/services (not a symlink - it is just there), and does not probably have /etc/nixos/services, and it worked that way.

Do I understand right that you think nixos-checkout is broken? Then I need to fix it and two more my expressions (and post a warning to Nix-Dev as a top message of a thread). I just did it as to make a minimal action to fix NixOS installation from LiveCD.