[Nix-dev] Re: Multiple packages from one source package

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sun Nov 11 22:57:24 CET 2007

> Oh, right, so the builder of, say, `package_lib' would be along the
> lines of "cp $package_lib_and_includes/lib/* $out/lib", right?  So
> `package_lib_and_includes' would need to be an argument of
> `package_lib'.

> But then, would that really work?
Don't know. Try it.
You'll get big trouble because you can't tell the configure command the
final store path when building. It will depend on the libs. If you only
have some .a files and .h files it will work.

Anyway: Right now I think you're better of buying a bigger hd than
rewriting the whole stuff :) (Just a guess)

M.