[Nix-dev] X.org 7.3

Eelco Dolstra eelco at cs.uu.nl
Tue Nov 6 09:30:16 CET 2007

Michael Raskin wrote:

> I would like to remind that X.org 7.3 is an incremental release, that
> is, if some package is missing in it and in 7.2 and in 7.1, it should be
> taken directly from 7.0. The reason I write this is that missing i810
> driver was not added from 7.2. So anyone who wants some package back
> should feel free to add it from the latest release where the package was
> changed. I will commit after rebuild..

Actually I got the impression that the i810 package was the only thing missing,
probably because it's deprecated in favour of the "intel" driver.  All other
packages seem to be there (see
http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/X11/pub/X11R7.3/src/everything/).

The 7.1 release was incremental, which was very annoying, but it seems they
learned from that.

--
Eelco Dolstra | http://www.cs.uu.nl/~eelco