[Nix-dev] beeing new to nix - Hello various questions

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Fri Mar 16 06:27:07 CET 2007

Hi Eelco

Thank you for your long reply.

I noticed that I should have RTFM .. more thoroughly
It was too much information to grasp at once for my small brain
>   https://svn.cs.uu.nl:12443/repos/trace/nixpkgs/trunk/
Thanks for this link. The one on the homepage
http://nix.cs.uu.nl/nixpkgs.html (title Subversion Repository)
pointing to https://svn.cs.uu.nl:12443/repoman/info/trace is proken then?

How are ghc packages handled right now?
I've noticed the --gen-script arg used everywhere.
So is a package file created for each now package build?

If so there is another option: Create an individual package file for each
lib and use environment var GHC_PACKAGE_PATH=packagedb1:packagedb2 .. Don't
know which approach is more useful?

I have to create some packages to get more familiar with nix.

Marc