[Nix-dev] I need help installing nix

Armijn Hemel armijn at uulug.nl
Thu Jun 28 00:47:09 CEST 2007

Hola,

> I compile the tarball but when I add "source nix/etc/profile.d/nix.sh" as
> the manual said, then every command I type on the console seem lost. Also I
> don't find  the package's files in /usr/local/bin etc.

That's right. By default you can find the files under /nix.

> What exactly and how (patience guys I'm pretty newbie ;D ) I have to add to
> bashrc?

>From the manual:

"You should also add /nix/etc/profile.d/nix.sh to your ~/.bashrc (or
some other login file)."

This will add /nix/bin to your path, amongst other things.

> By the way, I've also tried the "Setuid installation" but gives me an error.

Setuid installation has been deprecated since a few months. It is best
to take the latest successfull unstable build (currently 0.11pre8875). I
usually install, then chown to the user that needs to use it (in my case
"armijn").

armijn