[Nix-dev] iproute nix-expression

Michael Raskin 7c6f434c at mail.ru
Wed Jun 13 22:14:55 CEST 2007

Eelco Dolstra wrote:
> But rather than doing a substitution on the Makefile, you can also do this by
> passing a parameter to make, like
>
> preBuild = "
>   makeFlagsArray=(SBINDIR=$out/sbin CONFDIR=$out/etc ...)
> ";
>
> This is less sensitive to changes in the Makefile between releases.
I am not sure what will happen first - 'make' allowing assignment to VAR
not matching ^VAR= or 'make' that proceeds overrides in a different
fashion. While all assignments match ^VAR= proposed substitution will
override SBINDIR in the same way as command-line. And also it will help
people learning '-i' sed flag..