[Nix-dev] A couple of questions: X server, profiles

Wouter uu at denbreejen.net
Mon Jun 4 11:46:52 CEST 2007

are you sure you've put it in /etc/nixos/configuration.nix and
structured like this, e.g. that services is in the the root of the
expression?:

-----------------------
{
   boot = {
    grubDevice = "/dev/sda";
    initrd = {
    };
  };

  services = {
    sshd = {
      enable = true;
    };
    xserver = {
      enable = true;
      windowManager = "compiz"; #twm,compiz,metacity,beryl
      sessionType = "kde";      #gnome, xterm, kde
      driSupport = true;
    };
  };

}

You should see xserver passing by in the ouput on doing a 'nixos-rebuild
switch'