[Nix-dev] nixos-rebuild switch and downloading missing files

Yurii Kudryashov urkud.urkud at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 10:35:40 CEST 2007

2007/7/19, Erick Tryzelaar <erickt at dslextreme.com>:
> Also, I managed to manually download the files myself via archive.org,
> but I couldn't manage to get nix to use the file. I had muck with
> /etc/hosts in order to fool nix into downloading from a different
> server. Was there a directory that I could have just put it to get nix
> to use it automatically?
One solution is nix-prefetch-url. It will fetch specified url and add
file to /nix/store/HASH-filename. After that nix-env is able to find
this file.
As far as I know, there is no directory like /usr/portage/distfiles in Gentoo.

First time I've met this problem I didn't know about nix-prefetch-url
and assigned IP of www.bootsplash.de to my computer...
--
Yura
mailto: urkud.urkud at gmail.com