[Nix-dev] tracking function call and attribute selector locations for debugging purposes

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Fri Jul 6 05:40:51 CEST 2007

After adding some code to track the function call location I was able to
quickly find my mistake ( yet again I did forget some parenthesis ;( )
Thanks Eelco Dolstra for showing me the ,3 solution today .. I would
have spend another couple of hours figuring this out ;)

Eelco has also told me that there is a reason that he did'nt include this
feature. When attaching a location to each function the evaluated result
can't be shared.

There would be another solution satisfying both:
Use a debug flag to insert real positions, makeNoPos() values in the
normal case.
Then sharing would occur and you could enable additional error locations
which can get handy if you start passing a lot of functions around..

What do you think?

Marc Weber