[Nix-dev] lots of dependencies just for aterm?

cf13 cf1374 at yahoo.es
Sun Jul 1 22:13:07 CEST 2007

Hi guys!

Well finally I've been able to install nix. I began to download firefox, but
I saw that it was downloading lots of dependencies, linux kernel headers,
glibc etc,so I stopped (I'm on dialup), I've tried with aterm and the same
happened.

So my question is, nix doesn't "use" the software that is in my system, is
totally independent?, cause I think I have those dependencies. I'm using
debian etch.

thanks