[Nix-dev] ATerm function generation magic

Wouter uu at denbreejen.net
Thu Aug 16 20:12:15 CEST 2007

Hi,

Does anyone know how the ATmakeListX functions (for instance,
ATmakeList5 is used in nix-env.cc) are defined? I would like to use
ATmakeList7, but only ATmakeList1 - ATmakeList6 are now defined
(somewhere). I've grepped in every possible way, but these functions are
gone at the end of the compilation.

They're probably generated (indirectly?) by these files:
nixexpr-ast.def, derivations-ast.def and aterm-helper.pl, but i cant see
how or where.

there is a 'elsif ($arity <= 6) {' in aterm-helper.pl , but if i change
it to 7, i get another error:
derivations-ast.hh:162: error: 'ATmakeAppl7' was not declared in this
scope.

ATmakeAppl seems to be generated just like ATmakeList, and I have no
idea where too look.

Wouter