[Nix-dev] Automated buildInputs and requirements generation from only one list.

Michael Raskin 7c6f434c at mail.ru
Sat Aug 11 13:38:17 CEST 2007

	Hello,
I've submitted Vim package and top-level/template.nix (I propose to
submit top-level/template* with every proposal to check package writing
customs) to show how I see big configurable packages.
defList is to replace default values (I don't want to write all the
arguments because of one default value). reqsList is for requirements.
First element in every list is condition; it should be boolean: flag
name, "true" - for something that is needed always or "false" for
something that can be recognized by build process but not very
important. After that requirements for that condition go. All the
requirements are then concatenated to make buildInputs.

Drawback: a lot of CPU time to do all this. Maybe uniqList will perform
better when coded into Nix as a builtin.