[Nix-dev] Howto add custom packages ? - would inherit *; be useful here?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Thu Apr 26 16:42:12 CEST 2007

> =====
> let
>
>   pkgs = import /path/to/all-packages.nix { };
>
>   # you can also pass a specific platform, like
>   pkgs = import /path/to/all-packages.nix { system = "i686-freebsd"; };
>
> in
>
> pkgs.stdenv.mkDerivation {
>   name = "mypackage";
>   buildInputs = [pkgs.somepkg];
> }
> =====
>
> This is what we do in NixOS and in the Nix expressions for our web services.

Hi Eelco,

This does'nt work with
nix-env -aq '*'
to list all packages (the mypackage and all from pkgs)

I'm looking for something like
==
with (import /pr/nix/nixsvn/trace/nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs/top-level/all-packages.nix {});
rec {
  mypackage = stdenv.mkDerivation {
    name = "mypackage";
  };
  inherit transfig, ...;
  # I'd like to do a inherit *;
}

... are all remeaning packages not listed yet but defined in
all-packages.nix

Then I don't need to specify the nix file and can install all at once.

Is this possible somehow ?

Marc