[Nix-dev] Re-submission of questions

Sean Russell nix at ser1.net
Wed Apr 25 21:09:06 CEST 2007

Hi,

A few weeks ago, I asked a few questions and got an answer to one of
them.  Also, a Grub discussion has occurred in the meantime that
answered a second.

In the hopes that the recent resurgence of activity in the list means
that someone will have time to answer them, I'm going to post them
again.  Please, if there is a FAQ somewhere that addresses any of
these, just point me to it, and I'll be happy to educate myself.

1) What's the SOP for adding user-defined Nix expressions?  What I mean
is, is there a recommended place to store these things, and how should
users contribute expressions to the project?

2) What's the recommended way for users to build their own kernels?  Is
there any procedure, or is it simply finding the kernel, running make
menu and then modifying the grub config?

3) What is the Nix equivalent to Gentoo's /etc/modules.autoload.d?  IE,
where does one specify modules that should be auto-loaded?

Thanks again,

--- SER