[Nix-dev] Questions on buildfarm

olivier bitmap at pan.homelinux.com
Sun May 15 20:02:38 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a buildfarm, and have few questions.
I fetched the buildfarm you use to build stratego/xt (hope you didn't
get mailed by the supervisor :p), and added my own derivations.

I would know how do you do to build on different architecture. In
generic-dist/default.nix, there is:
pkgsLinux = ...
pkgsDarwin = ...
pkgs = pkgsLinux
But I don't see where to switch that on the supervisor... or anywhere
else.

Scripts make use of nix-prefetch-svn, but it is not installed by nix.
I set my PATH to the one provided by nixpkg, but I think it's not the
best way.

I would also know where pages like this one are built. Are they
automatically from supervisor.pl ?
http://catamaran.labs.cs.uu.nl/dist/nix/latest.xhtml

Lastly, nix compilation fails on my power-pc (recently upgraded to
tiger). Compilation from standard environment works fine, but not
from nix. I worked around by setting PATH=/usr/bin:$PATH on the top
of the builder (when /nix/store/..../g++ and /nix/store/..../ld are
used, I get a link error on nix-store).