[Nix-dev] build schedule

Martin Bravenboer martin at cs.uu.nl
Wed Jun 22 16:19:22 CEST 2005

Hi Eelco,

> Why does strategoxt build so infrequently in the build farm? It is very
> annoying to see many dryad builds go by without a build for the
> StrategoXT commits I did hours ago.

Two reasons:

1) the cycle of all the jobs takes a long time since the poll interval
has been increased (load on the svn server was too high). The poll
internval will decreased soon, when the efficiency of getting the latest
revision number has been improved. So, it might take some before the
buildfarm starts building Stratego/XT. You can start the job by hand if
you want the buildfarm to start now.

2) Stratego/XT takes hours to build.

The Dryad builds you see in the release overview are started by hand (by
me), so it is not under control of the scheduler.  They just take a few
minutes, so this doesn't really affect the other builds.

 > since I don't get a good
> idea when I can expect a build to be ready.

Yes, more insight in what the buildfarm is doing is very useful. Of
course, Roy is going to solve that for us ;) .

Cheers,
--
Martin Bravenboer