[Nix-dev] cross compiling with Nix

eelco at cs.uu.nl eelco at cs.uu.nl
Thu Dec 1 18:31:33 CET 2005

Hi,

> I succeeded in building a package for ARM (little-endian) with Nix. That
is, it is completely built with Nix. Eelco D. hacked away at stdenvArm,
a stdenv for ARM builds. We used a gcc-cross-wrapper (which I'd love to
integrate in the normal wrapper if possible) and were able to build
uClibc and with that "patch". I deployed it on an old Jornada 820 we had
kicking around in the lab and it works like a charm.

Nice :-)

Now of course we need to get Nix running in memory-constrained
environments so that we can do the actual deployment of machines like the
Jornada. ;-)

--
Eelco Dolstra | http://www.cs.uu.nl/~eelco