[Nix-dev] Re: [TraCE-dev] error: Db::get: Cannot allocate memory

Eelco Dolstra eelco at cs.uu.nl
Tue Nov 16 20:18:39 CET 2004

On 15-nov-04, at 3:30, Eelco Visser wrote:

> ?
>
> visser at linux:~> nix-channel --update
> pulling cache manifest from
> `http://catamaran.labs.cs.uu.nl/dist/nix/channels/nixpkgs-unstable'
> obtaining list of Nix archives at
> http://catamaran.labs.cs.uu.nl/dist/nix/channels/nixpkgs-unstable/
> MANIFEST...
> 1376 store paths in manifest
> instantiating store expression...
> registering substitutes...
> error: Db::get: Cannot allocate memory

Delete the __db* files in /nix/var/nix/db (after a making a backup of
the whole directory), then try again.  At some point I increased some
Berkeley DB limits to get rid of these out of memory errors, but the
new limits only apply to new Berkeley DB environments.  This forces
re-creation of the BDB environment.

--
Eelco Dolstra | http://www.cs.uu.nl/~eelco