[Nix-dev] Re: [Stratego-dev] Stratego/XT build misery

Eelco Visser Eelco-Visser at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 15 22:18:53 CET 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 13:45, Armijn Hemel wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 12:38:01PM +0000, Martin Bravenboer wrote:
>
> > >It seems to be a problem of the build tools (gcc etc) rather than such
> > >an interference.
> >
> > I've found another difference: I'm using gcc-3.4.2 in Nix. This GCC
> > configuration includes an ld. So, I'm using the ld of my GCC
> > installation. Also, I'm using the nixpkgs directly from svn, but that
> > will probably not make difference.
>
> You can compile gcc with a local binutils...from a Nix pureness point of
> view that might actually be cleaner :)

I was using the gcc from nix. The problem appears to be that /usr/lib
path was search; instead of using glibc from /nix/store the one in
/usr/lib was being used. This seems to solve the problem:

export NIX_CFLAGS_COMPILE="-L/home/visser/.nix-profile/include -I/usr/include"
export NIX_CFLAGS_LINK="-L/home/visser/.nix-profile/lib/ -L/usr/lib -L/lib"
export NIX_LDFLAGS="-L/home/visser/.nix-profile/lib/ -L/usr/lib -L/lib"

One would expect that gcc from nix would/should look at the nix store first.

-- Eelco

Eelco Visser            Institute of Information and Computing Sciences
mail:visser at cs.uu.nl    Universiteit Utrecht
  or:visser at acm.org     P.O. Box 80089, 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands
http://www.cs.uu.nl/~visser/ Phone: +31-30-253 4592 Fax: +31-30-251 3791